As one of Sydney’s fastest growing and most innovative bakeries, we are often on the lookout for dedicated, passionate and creative people to join our crew.
Whether you’re a retail superstar or a pastry perfectionist, there could be an opportunity for you to grow and shine within Shepherd’s.
We post job ads here regularly so if there’s not one right now which suits your requirements, check back in a few weeks or stay tuned to Facebook where we also share vacancies.
ASSISTANT PASTRY CHEF
Shepherd’s Artisan Bakehouse is one of Sydney’s fastest growing and most exciting artisan bakeries. Based in Sydney’s South West (right next to Sefton train station), we are seeking a Qualified Pastry Chef.
If you are passionate and driven by excellence, Shepherd’s Artisan Bakehouse will provide the platform to facilitate your growth and development. Reporting to our Food Production Manager / Head Chef, you will display the following skills and attributes:
* Suitably qualified with minimum 2 years relevant skill and experience
* Experienced in all facets of pastry production including – puff pastry, dough laminating, shortbread, brioche dough, mixing from scratch, prep / bake-off (to name a few)
* Creative (we love new ideas) and absolutely passionate about everything they do
* Daily stock management, stock rotation and temperature management
* Operation of high speed mixers
* Preparing batters for pies and sausage rolls according to recipe
* Preparing fillings hence finish work for our Croissants range
* Be able to work in a fast paced team environment
* Be able to work unsupervised and take initiatives
* Have a solid understanding of health & safety food practices
* Must have a current Australian passport and be conversant in the English language
* Ideally, must be able to travel to work via vehicle or public transport
* Be punctual, honest, hard-working and reliable
There’s no hiding the fact that there will be early morning starts and some weekend work. Negating that, will be the satisfaction from working autonomously in a fun and creative environment. And of course, salaries will be commensurate with experience.
If this position suits you and you are able to start soon, please don’t hesitate to send you CV and cover letter asap.
Contact: Michael Shepherd
Shepherd’s Artisan Bakehouse is a rapidly expanding bakery business located in the south-west of Sydney. Specialising in a broad range of artisan food including sourdough bread, health specific bread, pastries and sweets, we are seeking a qualified baker to join our wonderfully talented crew.
If you’re passionate about baking artisan bread, Shepherd’s Artisan Bakehouse will provide the ideal environment to facilitate your growth and development.
Suitable applicants must display the following attributes as a minimum:
* Be able to operate high speed mixers
* Operate and manage industrial ovens
* Work in a fast paced environment
* Understand the intricacies of mixing dough and managing temperatures
* Have a valid Australian passport and be very conversant in the English language
* Fastidious and attentive to detail. Be Punctual, reliable and honest
If you’re willing and able, please submit a current CV as well as a cover letter at your earliest convenience.
contact: Michael Shepherd