Mums are amazing creatures. Not only did she give birth to you in the first place (after suffering all the woes of pregnancy and childbirth) but then, for the next 20 odd years, she fed, watered, toilet-trained, disciplined, chauffeured, reminded, schooled and played with you over and over again.
Not to mention the fact that most Mums, for almost every night of those 20 years, put a home-cooked dinner on the table. Every night – that’s 7,300 spag bols, meatloafs, sausages with mash, moussakas and tuna casseroles over the years.
So we reckon she deserves something pretty special this Mother’s Day. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and pulled together a magnificent hamper full of edible goodies and a beautiful ceramic antipasto set from local artist Bea Bellingham, to help you spoil your Mama the way she should be spoiled (full list of inclusions at bottom of post).
There are 2 ways to enter:
2) Jump on our Facebook page (if you don’t already Like our Page, go ahead and do this first) and let us know your answer to the following question by commenting under our comp post at the top of the page;
WHAT’S YOUR MUM’S BEST DISH?
We’ve got some answers from Shepherd’s staff below to give you inspiration;
Loris: Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Jack: Fasolia (Lebanese Kidney Bean Rice with Lamb)
Lauren: Chicken Schnitzel
Amy: Green Curry
- Ceramic 4-piece ‘Bernie’ Antipasto Serving Set by Bea Bellingham
- 2 x Shepherd’s Sourdough Baguettes (Plain and Chilli Garlic)
- 1 x Shepherd’s Sourdough Loaf 780g
- 1 x Shepherd’s Double Toasted Muesli
- 1 x Packet Shepherd’s Gourmet Bikkies
- 1 x Bottle of Grant Burge Moscato
- 1 x Box Chocolates from Gumnut Chocolates
- 1 x 250ml Alto Olive Oil (Delicate)
- 1 x packet Alto Table Olives
- 1 x Pepe Saya Butter
- 1 x Matunga’s Capsicum Relish
- 1 x Vintage Cheddar from Tilba Tilba
- 1 x Country Valley Dairy ‘Lush’ Yoghurt 500g